How would you like to get the latest tech gadgets, without having to spend a whole lot of money to have the latest tech gadgets? Believe it or not, this is possible. You just have to be a savvy shopper. What you don't want to do is go out and spend a lot of money on the first item you see. It is always important to shop around, especially if you are going to be spending a lot of money. There are a lot of people out there who never pay full price for anything. How do they do it? Here are some tips that will help turn you into one of these money-savvy people who can get a discount on just about anything.
1. Use Coupons - While you probably don't have time to go coupon crazy like some of the people we see on television, you can use coupons to your advantage. Look through the coupons you get in the mail, and hang onto the ones that are for things you use at stores you actually shop at. Also, go online to the stores you use frequently and download any coupons they have for products that you use. Make sure that you take advantage of money saving promo codes for online shopping too, which are basically coupons for Internet stores.
2. Look for Hidden Fees - It may be that you are paying hidden fees on wireless bills, cell phone bills, etc. that you never knew about. It is time to scan all of your bills, and see if there are any hidden fees. If you find any, call the companies and ask why you are being charged for something you were never informed about in the first place. Then, find out what you can do to get those fees lowered or eliminated all together. This may not seem like much, but even $5 a month adds up to $60 over a year.
3. Sell Unwanted Gadgets - If you are like most of us, you probably have all kinds of things laying around that you are never going to use again. Why not sell them, clean up your house, and make some money while you are at it? This is also an awesome way to upgrade to new gadgets. For instance, you can sell laptop, and then use the money to upgrade to a newer model. Someone else gets your old laptop, which is newer than what they had, and you don't have to spend as much to get your new laptop. It's a win-win situation for all.
4. Forget about Extended Warranties - There really is no sense in spending money on an extended warranty. Chances are, you are going to want to upgrade again long before the end of this warranty period, making it pretty much useless. Also, if you buy gadgets with your credit card, you may already have an extended warranty through your card issuer. The only reason you need to have an extended warranty is if you are the type who tends to be accident prone and break stuff frequently.
5. Buy Refurbished Items - Just because a gadget has been previously owned, it doesn't mean that it isn't any good. In fact, it may be just what you are looking for. Someone wanted to upgrade, so they decided to sell their gadget, which just so happens to be the gadget you need. So, you buy it and upgrade, and they get the money for their own upgrade. Be sure to look at websites that offer refurbished electronics at low prices, where you can both buy and sell used electronic items.
Jane Hurst, writer from San Francisco. Find her on Twitter!